Goal # 1: Preparing Highly Qualified String Teachers
NSPC will continue the intentional and strategic work to prepare new generations of highly qualified string teachers while addressing the national string teachers shortage.
- Utilizing standards outlined by NAfME, ASTA, and other established string pedagogical approaches, NSPC will convey best practices for preparation of emerging string teachers.
- E. g. Host periodic online meetings dedicated to exchanges about best practices
- NSPC will provide sites with resources for professional development opportunities for all staff, master teachers, and student teachers.
- E.g. Host periodic online workshops and presentations at the ASTA National Conference
- NSPC will promote the compilation of site data and accomplishments
- E.g. Share annual and biannual surveys, website features, journal articles, and conference presentations
Goal # 2: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Accessibility
NSPC will promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within all sites.
- Recognize and honor the range of human differences through the mindful practice of inclusion and non-judgmental awareness.
- E.g. Promote culturally responsive pedagogical practices and the usage of diverse repertoire and methods through targeted discussions and workshops
- Promote a sense of belonging by welcoming and celebrating strengths and differences within NSPC communities.
- E.g. Promote accommodations and modifications of instruction for students with disabilities and exceptionalities through sharing of best practices
- Expand access for all to engage in string music education as it pertains to the NSPC dual legacy.
- E.g. Increase the number of sites in the nation by prioritizing the establishment of new and emerging sites in locations that do not currently have a site, especially in unrepresented states and regions
Goal # 3: Sustainability & Advocacy
NSPC will continue building active connections with the music industry and other sponsors as well as advocate for strong string programs in the schools.
- NSPC will continue working with music industry partners (including NAMM, Yamaha, and others) to support the needs of established and emerging sites.
- E.g. Provide and share successful organizational, administrative, and mentorship strategies for sites through professional development opportunities and to diversify fundraising strategies that focus on multi-year support
- Seek out diverse platforms to increase awareness of the NSPC and its global impact.
- E.g. Broaden the artist/organization/business advocacy network and engage these professionals to promote the consortium
- Promote the role sites play in contributing to the identity of local community cultures.
- E.g. Empower sites to perform and connect as cultural ambassadors of their communities.